Build fluency and critical thinking skills with this listening comprehension game that uses sentences to describe 25 Mexican Foods!
Perfect activity to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or talk about Mexican / TexMex foods in a beginning level Spanish class or elementary English speaking class. Clues are given in full Spanish or English sentences....not just word for word translations. Or...use it to practice numbers 1 - 25, food groups or spelling! Very versatile!
Includes: 40 bingo cards (printed 2 per page), and 30 bingo cards (printed 1 per page) calling cards, answer board and two call lists with 25 sentences describing each food in Spanish or English. Geared for Spanish 1 students. Sentences use lots of cognates, colors, foods and easy present tense verbs. Adapted also for elementary aged English speaking students. (Full page version available upon request.)
Print in color on to card stock and laminate to use for years to come.
1. Es una legumbre popular en Latinoamérica. Tienen muchas proteínas. Son negros. FRIJOLES NEGROS
2. Es una fruta verde. Tiene una semilla grande. AGUACATE
3. Es un plato Tex-Mex. Tiene una tortilla de harina, carne y frijoles. BURRITO
1. This is a popular food in Mexico. It has a lot of protein. It's black. FRIJOLES NEGROS/BLACK BEANS
2. This green fruit has a large pit. It is used for making guacamole. AGUACATE/AVOCADO
3. A very popular food in Mexico & in the U.S. It has a flour tortilla and is filled with meat or beans. BURRITO
avocado, black beans, burrito, cheese, chipotle peppers, chips, cilantro, corn, enchiladas, fajitas, garlic, guacamole, habanero, hot sauce, lime, onion, poblano pepper, pinto beans, quesadillas, serrano chili peppers, sour cream, tacos, tomatoes, tomatillos, tortillas
See preview for more details
What teachers are saying
"All of my classes loved talking about all the foods even before we played the game! And I really appreciated all of the ways we could use it (my English only parent volunteer was even able to play this with a small group). This is such a great product"
Mexican Food Word Search found here:
Spanish Holiday Resources
You may also like:
Spanish Bingo Games
Save money with Bundles!
Earn credits on Teachers Pay Teachers!
Go to "My Purchases page." Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Leave a rating and short comment. Each rating and comment you leave for products you’ve purchased gives you TpT credit which you can use toward future purchases.
Click on the green star
below my store name to follow me to keep updated of new materials for Spanish 1 and store wide sales! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours!