This activity is designed as a fast activity for "fast finishers" in a foreign language/Spanish classroom. It is a classic game of Boggle that can be put on a bulletin board and changed weekly, or however often desired. Students that finish classroom activities quickly can find as many English words as they can on the Boggle board and then use a dictionary to translate the words to the target language. Students that find and translate "X" amount of words in a week earn a prize (sticker, pencil, homework pass, etc.). Included in this file is a PDF and .docx file of the alphabet letters and a Boggle worksheet for students.
1. Print out the letters of the alphabet (PDF and .docx files included). Be sure to print our multiple sets so you can include words on your Boggle board that have multiples of the same letter.
2. Cut out each letter and laminate.
3. Put velcro on the back of each letter.
4. Cover a foam poster board in blue cloth.
5. Put a 4x4 square of 16 velcro pieces on the covered poster board. Make sure these are evenly spaced to allow enough space for the letter you previously laminated.
6. Decorate the top of the board with a Boggle title of your choice. I used a die cutting machine.
This is the way that I made my Boggle board for fast finishers. I have seen people simply write letters on the board in a 4x4 design, pin the laminated letters directly on the board, or make an extensive Boggle bulletin board similar to mine. Either way, your fast finishers will love this activity.