This Spanish Cognate Bundle includes 5 Cognate Resources
to build confidence and get them speaking Spanish on the first day! Excellent comprehensible input! Must-have resources for back to school beginning Spanish teachers. Instant, no prep word searches and PowerPoint.
Level: Beginning Spanish - Upper Elementary, Middle-School, Spanish1
ACTFL Can-Do Statement: Interpretive Listening
Novice Low: I can recognize a few memorized words and phrases when I hear them spoken.
Novice Mid: I can recognize some familiar words and phrases when I hear them spoken.
1. Spanish Cognate PowerPoint 15 bright and bold pages to introduce cognates and false cognates. Includes several activities to identify cognates and create simple sentences. Unit includes: List of 15 cognates, Define a cognate, Make a sentence, Find the Intruder, List of 16 false cognates and word search. Students have fun guessing the meanings of the false cognates and are surprised to find out the actual meanings. Teacher Notes included on most slides. This notebook includes 2 versions - 15 slides of a black background with white font and 15 slides of white background with black font. Please note: this product is NOT EDITABLE. Additional slides can be created with the blackboard template that is included.
2. Spanish Cognate Word Wall - 77 Spanish Cognates to display as a word wall to begin building a strong foundation of easy to learn vocab words. Big & bold, black & white bricks that are easily read from the back of the room. Each brick is 2.5 inches tall with varying lengths. Also includes several sentence building words & punctuation marks. Print to colored card stock and laminate to match any decor. This great visual resource is a staple in my class room each fall!
3. Spanish Cognate Word Search - Fun activity for first year Spanish students. Find 50 Cognates. Words are listed in alphabetical order with at least one cognate for each letter of the alphabet. Vocab includes words like: accidente, adorable, animal, atleta, banco, cereal, chocolate, color, delicioso, elefante, familia and much more!
4. False Cognate Word Search - Find 20 Spanish false cognates
5. Spanish Cognate Adjective Word Search - Find 40 descriptive adjectives used with ser.
What teachers are saying about this Spanish Bundle:
"Thank you very helpful and saved me time from making my own! Love the fonts used!"
"What a great bundle! You get everything you need to teach about cognates and falsos amigos! Everything is done for you...no prep!"
Find these resources listed individually here:
You may also like:
Spanish Word Search Bundle
Spanish Bingo Games
Earn credits on Teachers Pay Teachers! Go to "My Purchases page." Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Leave a rating and short comment. Each rating and comment you leave for products you’ve purchased gives you TpT credit which you can use toward future purchases.
Click on the green star above to follow me to receive monthly email updates of new resources, freebies & store wide sales! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours!