21 original Spanish Reading Comprehension worksheets about Christmas.
All texts are only 2 to 4 sentences long and written in the Simple Present Tense. This short passage is followed by comprehension questions and other related activities.
These worksheets should only take 10-20 minutes each to complete so are a great to get the class started such as Morning work or when students come back from break.
There are 21 worksheets which not related to each other (except for the Christmas theme) so they can be completed in any order. (Note the last texts are a little longer). These handouts would be great in an emergency as a quick filler. You may also find them useful to hand out to fast finishers.
Try doing one handout every day leading up to Christmas or if you like use them as homework.
The worksheets are ideal for bilingual / dual language classrooms since they are completely in Spanish, including the instructions.
Students are likely to encounter new vocabulary on each page so it would be good to explain (or draw) it before giving out the handouts.
Since these worksheets are completely in the Simple Present Tense, they could be used with Spanish Level 1 students (that have seen basic conjugation - not absolute beginners), or as a review for Spanish Level 2 students.
Bonus Listening Activity
We have now included sheets with groups of 5 stories on one page (without exercises). This is can be used where the teacher gives the comprehension questions orally, or can be used in conjunction with the audio on our YouTube channel so they can read as they listen (without the distraction of other activities on the page).
There are similar pages (5 stories per page) but this time with certain words missing and replaced by a blank line where students can fill with the word they hear on the listening.
Note: The audio of the listening only appears on our YouTube channel. The recording is spoken by a native Spanish speaker.
Here is the audio that accompanies the short stories. It will also give you an idea of the content and level of these short reading passages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UUJforjBcg
CONTENT: This resource contains 60 Pages:
- Teacher Guide – (4 pages)
- El árbol de Navidad de mi casa – (1 page)
- El establo de Belén – (1 page)
- Los regalos de Navidad – (1 page)
- Las esferas del árbol de Navidad – (1 page)
- El reno de Papá Noel – (1 page)
- La cena de Navidad en Argentina – (1 page)
- El deseo de Gabriel – (1 page)
- El primer regalo de Navidad – (1 page)
- La Navidad de Mi-young en Perú – (1 page)
- Los Villancicos – (1 page)
- Navidad con mi clase – (1 page)
- La carta a Papá Noel – (1 page)
- Los deseos de Nochebuena – (1 page)
- Las tradiciones navideñas de Colombia – (1 page)
- Los Tres Reyes Magos – (1 page)
- Mi tía celebra la Navidad en Brasil – (1 page)
- El verdadero sentido de la Navidad – (1 page)
- La Navidad con nieve – (1 page)
- Mi calendario de adviento – (1 page)
- El Duende Guille – (1 page)
- La Navidad en Chile – (1 page)
- 5 stories per page (no questions) – (4 pages)
- 5 stories per page – Fill the blanks version – (4 pages)
- La Navidad en Chile – no questions & fill the blanks version – (1 page)
- Teacher Answers – (26 pages)
Click Follow Me to receive a message whenever we post any new items (and also whenever we have sales).
¡Qué tengas buen día!
- Angélica y Rob W.