Spanish Cinco de Mayo Activities - Word Search and Crossword
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Give students the input they need to talk about Cinco de Mayo in Spanish class with 4 activities in one bundle! Do students know the story behind Cinco de Mayo and the Battle of Puebla? Use no-prep printable activities to get the conversation started & reinforce key elements and historical figurPrice $9.40Original Price $13.45Save $4.05
- 8 holiday word searches! Build Spanish vocabulary with low-stress worksheets for beginning Spanish students. Students first define the word, then find it! Spanish word searches are great to introduce a new unit, as an after test activity, for fast finishers, centers, choice activities or easy emergePrice $14.80Original Price $21.15Save $6.35
Introduce up to 23 key vocabulary words related to the history of Cinco de Mayo and the Battle of Puebla. Do students know where & why the holiday is celebrated? What do the following terms have to do with Cinco de Mayo? Two introductory Cinco de Mayo activities to get students talking about the holiday.
Includes TWO differentiated word searches, 1 crossword puzzle, and answer keys. Can be used for beginning Spanish classes learning about the history of Cinco de Mayo.
Word Search 1 vocabulary includes 15 mostly English words: battle, celebración, cinco de mayo, Chicano, French, general, heritage, Juarez, Latino, Los Angeles, Mexico, Napoleon III, Puebla, victory, Zaragoza
(Companion product for Teacher's Discovery Moo! Cinco de Mayo video. Can be used as a stand-alone activity.)
Word Search 2 vocabulary includes 23 Spanish words to define and find: bandera, bailar, batalla, celebración, cinco de mayo, comida mexicana, ejército, emperador, fiesta, Francia and MORE!
Crossword puzzle example clues:
• President of Mexico from 1861 - 1872
• Mexican town where the battle took place
• Mexican General
• A person of Mexican origin
Crossword vocabulary includes: heritage, Juarez, Latino, Napoleon III, Puebla, Zaragoza and MORE.
See PREVIEW for details!
Teachers are saying:
- "My students loved this addition to the unit!"
- "This was the perfect activity for the students in my class that didn’t want to do the “crafty” activity after learning about cinco de mayo."
This resource is included in a Cinco de Mayo Bundle
★ Mexican Food Loteria (printable + Google Slides version)
★ Cinco de Mayo Bingo (printable + Google Slides version)
More Spanish Word Searches and Spanish Crossword Puzzles
Click ★ to follow my store! Receive email updates of new resources, freebies & store wide sales!! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours.