This BUNDLE includes two of my best selling Cinco de Mayo resources!
Cinco de Mayo Reading, Vocabulary & More:
1. Reading on the history and celebration of Cinco de Mayo. It includes a two page reading in both English and Spanish. This allows for differentiation in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. Cinco de Mayo Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading.
3. Cinco de Mayo Vocabulary Matching:
-Match the Pictures with the correct Spanish word.
-Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with English words.
-Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with Spanish definitions.
4. Cinco de Mayo Vocabulary Fill in the Blanks
5. Cinco de Mayo Vocabulary Review with Spanish Saying (Level 1)
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish saying by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e body parts, numbers, colors, animals, foods, job titles, family members, and months of the year.) After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish saying for Cinco de Mayo, “¡Viva la Raza! Next, students will discuss with their teacher the meaning of this saying.
6. Cinco de Mayo Grammar Review with Spanish Saying (Level 2)
The same as #5 but this time students will have to find the correct parts of speech to discover the Spanish saying.
7. Mingle Activity Level 1: Find Someone Who….(ir + infinitive)
Students will get out of their chairs and walk around during this mingle activity. They will ask each other the questions indicated in each of the boxes on the worksheet.
Student A: ¿Vas a ir a México para el Cinco de Mayo?
Student B: Sí, voy a ir a México.
Student B: No, no voy a ir a México.
-When a student finds someone who is going to do that activity, have that person write his or her name in the box.
-The first student with the most signatures wins the game.
8. Mingle Activity Level 2: Find Someone Who… (Past Tense) This is the same mingle activity, but at a higher level of difficulty. Now, the students will need to ask and answer the questions in the past tense.
9. Celebramos Cinco de Mayo (Level 1): Students will put a check in each box next to the activities they are going to do this year to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure “ir + infinitive”.
10. Celebramos Cinco de Mayo (Level 2): Students will put a check in each box next to the activities they did last year to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the past tense.
11. Cinco de Mayo Unscramble the Vocabulary Words: All of the words come from the reading.
12. Cinco de Mayo Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words Cinco de Mayo.
13. Spanish Word Art: This worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to Cinco de Mayo. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for second language learners to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary from their Cinco de Mayo unit.
When students have finished this word art worksheet, it will also make a beautiful for the class bulletin board.
This unit includes vocabulary words such as ejército, desfile, cultura, conquistar, bandera, batalla, victoría, orgullo, fuegos artificiales etc.
Spanish Cinco de Mayo Roll and Write (Present Tense Verb Activities)
Students will have fun this Cinco de Mayo writing Spanish sentences with this engaging “Roll and Write Activity”. Students will role one die four times. The 1st roll of the die will determine the subject pronoun. The 2nd roll will determine the verb. The 3rd roll will determine the time the action occurred. Finally, the 4th roll will determine the type of sentence the students will need to write using the information they acquired from the previous rolls. (i.e. affirmative, negative, or interrogative)
This product includes:
-5 Roll and Write Activity Boards that can be printed on card stock and laminated.
Board #1: Present Tense AR Verbs Set #1
Board #2: Present Tense AR Verbs Set #2
Board #3: Present Tense ER & IR Verbs
Board #4: Present Tense Stem-Changing Verbs
Board #5: Present Tense Irregular Verbs
These boards are not intended to teach verb tense formation. They are meant to be used as fun supplemental activities for your class during the holiday season.
More Bilingual Readings:
Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) Bilingual Reading and Vocabulary
Las Posadas Bilingual Reading and Vocabulary
La Leyenda de San Valentín
Christopher Columbus (Cristobal Colon)
More Spanish Resources:
Spanish Roll & Write Verb Activities BUNDLE (Present & Past Tense)
Spanish Conversation Boards: Getting to Know You (Beg. & Int.)
Spanish AR Present Tense
Spanish Stem-Changing Verbs
Spanish Verb SER BUNDLE with PowerPoint
Cinco de Mayo Word Wall
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺