Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.05 MB | 5 pages
This is a well structured, highly successful, engaging and fun project for foreign language students. While this cultural investigation project is geared toward Spanish class students, it can be easily altered to fit the needs of any classroom.
For the project students will:
1. Select a category of language learning (speaking, reading, doing, listening and watching)
2. Engage themselves in the chosen activity (the handout gives a plethora of ideas per category of what one might do in the target language)
3. Write a short summary in the target language
4. Select one Friday of each month during which they have 3 minutes of class time to present their project. Students must "prove" they did the activity by various means (video, photo, realia, etc.)
Include in the purchase of this item are:
- Categories for investigation and ideas for speaking, reading, doing, and listening/watching
- A handy rubric for grading each individual student's presentation
- A printable handout that can be edited to fit your needs/reflect your class information
- A PDF for Spanish teachers to post as a reminder of the culture project
Students must be prompted many times to "take risks" in the target language to increase fluency and to gain purpose in their language studies. This project is a GREAT way to encourage students to use their language and do something that they enjoy!!!