Students will use the website www.kiva.org to create a persuasive presentation.
They will choose a borrower to support, and try to convince the class to support that borrower.
- Student instructions page - students are tasked with creating a PPT presentation
identifying the main details about their borrower, then an oral presentation
- Rubric - graded on creativity; speaking; grammar/vocab; paying attention
- Activity for students during the presentations.
- Short reading and comprehension activity about how to speak persuasively
- Preliminary vocabulary activity
- PPT for teachers to use when introducing the project
Make it a competition with your students - the group with the most votes/most compelling pitch earns a bonus point!
Visit www.llearningllama.blogspot.com for more ideas and strategies!