Spanish Class Indigenous Music música indígena Native American Heritage Month
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $191.29Save $46.30
- Are you looking for Editable Google Drive Digital resources for Spanish class for the 2022-2023 school year? If you are doing distance learning, hybrid learning, or paperless learning in Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3, this is exactly the bundle you are looking for. Spanish class full distance lPrice $112.99Original Price $131.89Save $18.90
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $65.99Original Price $88.37Save $22.38
- Ready to go, Editable Google Spanish class bell ringers, warm ups, or brain breaks for 1 year, every single day of Spanish class starters! This is the newest year of Para Empezar 2023 resource, with the most up-to-date Spanish culture songs & authentic resources to use as a classroom managementPrice $30.99Original Price $39.46Save $8.47
Are you looking to go beyond Thanksgiving in Spanish class and instead showcase the diversity of the Indigenous Peoples of the Spanish speaking world? These editable Google Slides Spanish music bell ringers feature Indigenous artists & are perfect for Native American Heritage Month in November, Indigenous Peoples Day, Día de la Raza, Hispanic Heritage Month, Latinx Heritage Month, or any time of the year in Spanish class.
⭐️ Bundle up for a deal! Newest Spanish bell ringers for a year - Para Empezar 2023!
What's Included with música indígena
- ✅ Youtube playlist of all songs with Indigenous artists in Spanish
On each of the 22 Editable Google Slides in Spanish
- ✅ title of the culture-filled song
- ✅ Indigenous artist(s) or group
- ✅ language(s) of the song
- ✅ video link
- ✅ map of the country of origin
- ✅ songs that could be used in Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine.
What is música indígena Indigenous Music in Spanish?
- ⭐ Editable Google Slides with diverse songs in Spanish & other Indigenous languages
- ⭐ 1 song for each day of school during November, Native American History Month
- ⭐ Indigenous musical artists with a mix of modern music & traditional Indigenous music, great for Hispanic Heritage Month
- ⭐ diverse music that celebrates the Indigenous People of Latin America
- ⭐ songs that acknowledge the original people of the land that now speaks Spanish
- ⭐ music with prehispanic instruments or Indigenous influence on the music itself
- ⭐ songs in Spanish, plus Emberá, Kaqchikel, Garífuna, Quechua, Tzotzil, Zapoteco, Mapudungun, Tz’utujil, and Nahuatl. *Pease note there are songs included that are not in Spanish, but rather in the languages above with the goal of showing the rich diversity of the land that is now known as Latin America.
Please note you must have access to Youtube to play the songs and there is a playlist of songs included. They can be used as a quick 5-minute bell ringer as a classroom management routine or expanded on for much longer using your own additional resources. *Please note there are no activities included for the included songs* This is an editable Google Slideshow.
What are other Spanish teachers saying about this Indigenous Music resource?
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ It is so important to incorporate indigenous heritage and culture in our daily Spanish classes and this resource helps me to do that. - Tara G (9th grade)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We are using it to learn about music from indigenous countries, and it is GREAT to see so many languages from Latin America represented! - Rushmi
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We have only listened to one song yet - the one called Mariposa which we linked to the study of the return of the Monarch butterflies for day of the dead. The kids loved the refrain and all are learning it by heart. They loved the video and song. I plan to play a different song every couple of days as we go. through November- focus on giving thanks to the indigenous people who have so enriched our culture and given us so much. - Kathryn P (6th-9th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was perfect for November! Students were exposed to new artists and we talked about the definition of "indigenous" and examples of this concept. - Kimberly
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WOW! This resource really grabbed my students-- I loved sharing songs with my students. Thank you for putting in the legwork for this awesome collection! - Rachel C (used with 5th grade primarily students that are emerging bilinguals/ ELs/ ESOLs/ ENLs)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
⭐️ Get the newest Spanish bell ringers for a year with Para Empezar 2023!
⭐️ Purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Music Bundle to get these slides plus Hispanic Heritage Month Music Bundle, Music Brackets Bundle, Música miércoles BUNDLE & Baile viernes Bundle.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google Resource & will be added to your Google Drive in a Folder called TPT Purchases
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. - Música miércoles & Resources for Indigenous Peoples in Spanish Class
- Sign up for my to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.