Diego Rivera Spanish Mini-Unit
- 1 page biography about Rivera’s life and main art styles (intermediate level) with 8 reading comprehension questions and answer key
- Youtube Video about Rivera’s murals with 7 multiple choice comprehension questions and answer key; Teacher page with detailed info about his mural: El Mercado de Tlatelolco
- Gallery Walk or Group Presentations of Rivera’s famous pieces with questions for analysis
- Analysis Activity of Rivera’s mural “El Mercado de Tlatelolco”
- Analysis Activity of Rivera’s mural “Unidad Panamericana”
- Cultural Mural Project with Rubric
- In large groups, students are assigned a cultural event/historical event to recreate in mural form. They must research the elements, people, and history of this topic and create different vignettes to tell a story. Students will assemble a large mural, write descriptions, and give an oral presentation.
- PPT with all of included materials to present to the class and discussion questions
This will depend on how long your classes are. At my school, blocks are 87 minutes. We spent 6 blocks on this entire lesson unit.