Do you need a quick, easy way to get to know students at the beginning of the year? Do you need to know a little more about what they like so that you can make lessons more personalized and engaging? This Student Interest Survey can help!
This survey has helped me get to know my students every school year. They enjoy answering questions about themselves and it is a great springboard for other ice breaker activities. Sometimes I make it a homework grade, while other times I just use it as an in-class activity. The options are endless!
1. What is your favorite subject in school? Why?
2. What is your least favorite subject in school? Why?
3. What is your favorite part of school? Why? For example: seeing friends, learning new things, etc.
4. Do you belong to any clubs, groups, organizations or teams (inside or outside of school)? If so, which one(s)?
5. What are some of your hobbies?
6. What is your favorite book, movie, and/or TV show?