ABOUT THE CALENDAR
This classroom calendar is intended to help Spanish immersion students learn the months and days of the week in Spanish, plus the names of major holidays. It would also be appropriate for non-immersion students who are learning Spanish.
The ZIP file includes:
- the calendar poster
- cards for each month of the year
- cards for dates 1-31
- cards for major holidays
- cards for birthdays and 100th day
- blank date cards
At the top of the calendar is space for writing student birthdays for the month. Once you’ve lamintated the calendar, you can write dates directly on it or use the cards described above. There are also blank cards so that you can customize the calendar for your classroom.
The calendar is 25 inches wide by 18 inches high. I recommend printing on cardstock and then laminating it so it will last longer. The directions below are for printing on 8.5 x 11 paper, since most of us don’t have poster printers at school.
To print this in its full size it works best if you view the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader. You probably already have it, but if not, you can download it for free here: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html. Once you click on the “Download now” button it will let you choose your operating system.
Follow these steps for printing:
1. Open the PDF file of the poster (once you have Acrobat Reader it should automatically open in Reader).
2. Choose “File”, then “Print”.
3. Under “Paper size and handling”, choose “Poster”. Once you’ve clicked on “Poster” it will list some other options, but I just leave them as is.
5. Trim the pages and assemble them to make the full-size poster. Glue and/or tape the sections firmly, because the laminating machine tends to push pages apart slightly as the paper goes through.