Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- More than 100 Spanish Activities for Spanish 1 - Must-have Spanish resources for back to school to help you through a year of teaching beginning Spanish! Over 1,500 pages of activities for beginning Spanish classes! (a $400 value!) Includes 14 Bundles & MORE!Spanish resources include: 12 word wa$279.40$399.15Save $119.75
This Spanish Cognate Bundle includes 5 Cognate Activities to build confidence and get students speaking Spanish on the first day! Excellent comprehensible input! Must-have resource for beginning Spanish classes to use during the first days of class for Spanish 1 teachers.
Includes a a PowerPoint lesson, cognate word wall, & 6 no-prep word searches.
See Preview for details!
1. Spanish Cognate PowerPoint Lesson - 15 bright and bold pages to introduce cognates and false cognates. Includes several activities to identify cognates and create simple sentences. Unit includes: List of 15 cognates, Define a cognate, Make a sentence, Find the Intruder, List of 16 false cognates and word search. Students have fun guessing the meanings of the false cognates and are surprised to find out the actual meanings. Teacher Notes included on most slides. This slidehow includes 2 versions - 15 slides of a black background with white font and 15 slides of white background with black font. (Please note: this product is NOT EDITABLE. Additional slides can be created with the blackboard template that is included.)
2. Cognate Word Wall - 117 Spanish Cognates to display as a word wall to begin building a strong foundation of easy to learn basic vocabulary words. Big & bold, black & white bricks that are easily read from the back of the room. Each brick is 2.5 inches tall with varying lengths. Also includes several sentence building words & punctuation marks. Print to colored card stock and laminate to match any decor. This great visual resource is a staple in my class room each fall!
3. Cognate Word Search - Fun activity for first year Spanish students. Includes TWO word searches with 50 cognates in each puzzle. Words are listed in alphabetical order with at least one cognate for each letter of the alphabet. Vocabulary includes basic words like: accidente, adorable, animal, atleta, banco, cereal, chocolate, color, delicioso, elefante, familia and much more!
4. Spanish Cognate Adjective Word Search - Includes two puzzles. One with 40 cognates adjectives used with ser and another with 35 adjectives.
5. False Cognate Word Search - Two puzzles with 20 false cognates in each puzzle. Students first define the word, then find it.
Teachers are saying:
- "I love this bundle and cannot wait to use it this year in my classroom!"
- "Thank you very helpful and saved me time from making my own! Love the fonts used!"
- "What a great bundle! You get everything you need to teach about cognates and falsos amigos! Everything is done for you...no prep!"
Level: Beginning Spanish - Upper Elementary, Middle-School, Spanish 1
ACTFL Can-Do Statement: Interpretive Listening
: I can recognize a few memorized words and phrases when I hear them spoken.
: I can recognize some familiar words and phrases when I hear them spoken.
More Spanish Cognates
Save money with Bundles
- Spanish 1 Bundle - 100 Activities!
- Back to School Bundle
- Back-to-School Bundle 2
- Spanish Word Wall Bundle
- Spanish Speaking Activities Bundle
- Spanish Word Search Bundle
- Spanish Adjective Bundle
Earn credits on Teachers Pay Teachers! Go to "My Purchases page." Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Leave a rating and short comment. Each rating and comment you leave for products you’ve purchased gives you TpT credit which you can use toward future purchases.
Click ★ to follow my store! Receive email updates of new resources, freebies & store wide sales!! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours.