Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
6 Spanish Cognate Activities to build confidence and get students comfortable with Spanish on the first day of class! Must-have resource for beginning Spanish students and perfect for the first week of Spanish class. Excellent comprehensible input. SET 1
The first day of Spanish class can be a source of anxiety for many novice learners. A quick lesson on cognates takes all the jitters away and shows them how much Spanish they already know. Students see right away that learning Spanish is easy and fun! Having these resources ready for day one of Spanish will save you time and make learning FUN!
1. Cognate Word Wall - Includes 36 cognates to post on your bulletin board. Instant visual resource to support students as they read and write in Spanish!
2. Cognate PowerPoint - 96 slides! 36 slides with pictures & 36 slides with picture and word, a list of all vocabulary, several slides with the questions "¿Qué es? ¿Cómo es? & ¿De qué color es?
3. Cognate Bingo - Build fluency with this listening comprehension game to help students identify 36 Spanish Cognates. Includes: 40 small bingo cards, 30 large cards and 2 vocabulary lists.
4. Cognate - I Spy - Use checklists to search for 32 cognates in Spanish. Fun & easy activity for beginning Spanish classes. Includes 2 checklists with 16 items on each page. Differentiated with a checklist or check & translate.
5. Cognate Vocabulary Cards - Includes 36 picture cards & 36 word cards, vocabulary lists, fill in the blank activities using definite or indefinite articles, and word scrambles. Use as a matching game, in stations, play concentration, or use as flashcards.
6. Cognate Alphabet Chart - 1 full page alphabet chart with cognate vocabulary. Handy visual resource for student notebooks. Includes 27 images with the letter of the alphabet and a cognate.
Spanish Vocabulary included: The vocabulary is consistent through all 6 resources. You will find one cognate for every letter of the alphabet plus a few extra! Cognates like: atleta, banco, béisbol, carpintero, cereal, delfín, ensalada, familia, guitarra, hospital...and MORE!
*SEE PREVIEW for more details!
Level: Novice / Beginning Spanish / Spanish 1
ACTFL Can DO Statement: Interpretive Reading
I can recognize words, phrases, and characters with the help of visuals.
Teachers are saying:
- "Great way to ease back into the school year, remind students of how much Spanish they are already familiar with, and get students communicating in the language right away."
- "Wonderful activities! I'm currently using them as I start the year introducing students to cognates."
You may also like these additional cognate resources (not included in this bundle):
More Cognate Activities (without images)
Cognate Word Search - best seller!
Cognate PowerPoint - a complete unit to introduce cognates
Cognate Word Wall - the original!
Save money with Bundles
- Spanish 1 Bundle - 100 Activities!
- Back to School Bundle
- Back-to-School Bundle 2
- Spanish Word Wall Bundle
- Spanish Speaking Activities Bundle
- Spanish Word Search Bundle
- The original Cognate Bundle
- Spanish Adjective Bundle
Earn credits on Teachers Pay Teachers! Go to "My Purchases page." Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Leave a rating and short comment. Each rating and comment you leave for products you’ve purchased gives you TpT credit which you can use toward future purchases.
Click ★ to follow my store! Receive email updates of new resources, freebies & store wide sales!! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours.