Also included in
- 5 Spanish Cognate Activities to build confidence and get students speaking Spanish on the first day! Must-have resource for beginning Spanish students of all ages and perfect for the first week back to school. Excellent comprehensible input. 1. Cognate Word Wall - Includes 36 cognates to post on you$17.00$24.50Save $7.50
- More than 100 Spanish Activities for Spanish 1 - Must-have Spanish resources for back to school to help you through a year of teaching beginning Spanish! Over 1,500 pages of activities for beginning Spanish classes! (a $400 value!) Includes 14 Bundles & MORE!Spanish resources include: 12 word wa$280.25$405.25Save $125.00
Spanish Cognates | Build Spanish vocabulary quickly and practice definite and indefinite articles with cognates! Includes 36 picture cards and 36 word cards. Includes vocabulary lists, fill in the blank activities using definite or indefinite articles, and word scrambles.
Very versatile. Use as a matching game (in centers), play concentration, use with partners as flashcards, or for fast finishers.
Print to card stock, cut and go! Laminate to use for years to come. Each card measures 3.75 x 2.5. Prints 8 cards per page.
36 Pictured Cards & 36 Word Cards (with or without background paper)
3 Differentiated Vocabulary Lists (with or without definite & indefinite articles)
Student sized vocabulary lists perfect for gluing into an interactive notebook
2 Scrambled Word Activities
Definite & Indefinite Article Cards
3 Differentiated Fill in the Blank Activities with definite and indefinite articles
a cognate for each letter of the alphabet including: atleta, banco, béisbol, carpintero, cereal, delfín, ensalada, familia, guitarra, hospital, hotel & more!
Level: Spanish 1 / Novice Low
ACTFL Can Do Statement: I can recognize a few memorized words.
I can understand isolated words that I have memorized, particularly when accompanied by pictures.
Teachers are saying:
- "Great confidence-building activity for novice students. Appreciate the extra handouts to use with the cards and extend beyond just matching to learning definite and indefinite articles!
- "Product was thoughtfully prepared: clean font, bright pictures, and consistent layout for printing purposes. An excellent complement to any cognate lesson."
- "This was a great small group activity for my 2nd graders who are learning Spanish! Thank you for the great resource."
Resources that go with these Cognate Cards:
Save money with: Bundles!
Also available in English for Spanish speaking students who are learning English:
Earn credits on Teachers Pay Teachers! Go to "My Purchases page." Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Leave a rating and short comment. Each rating and comment you leave for products you’ve purchased gives you TpT credit which you can use toward future purchases.
Click ★ to follow my store! Receive email updates of new resources, freebies & store wide sales!! Most new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours.
Printing Tips: Be sure to open the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.