These original Spanish color poems are perfect for young learners!
What makes these poems special?
• Each color follows the same pattern, so children pick up on the predictable pattern right away.
• The color word is used three times, giving children repetition to internalize the color.
• Objects using a variety of articles were chosen, so children would become familiar with the different el/la/los/las versions.
• Just the right amount of new vocabulary is introduced for young learners, so they stay engaged and not overwhelmed.
• High-interest topics were chosen to appeal to both boys and girls (Who doesn’t love iguanas, chocolate, and butterflies? hehe)
• They come with an mp3 version! If Spanish is not your native language, don’t worry. Just pop on the audio version to hear the correct pronunciation.
• Colors vary by region, so we’ve included alternatives for four of the colors. You are sure to find your choice of color words here!
All 11 colors are included, plus 4 variations in parenthesis.
Everything is included for your students to create their own Color Poem Books for the classroom, and Color Mini-books for a take-home connection. The color version of the poems and mP3s make a quick and easy listening center. The pocket chart makes a great literacy center, small group, or whole class activity.
This packet includes:
1. Poetry Pages - Color
2. Poetry Pages - Black/White
3. Covers for Color Poem Book
4. Mini-Books - Without Lines
5. Mini-Books - Trace and Cut
6. Pocket Chart Cards
7. Mp3 version of poems
These Spanish poems were created with your dual language, bilingual, and Spanish classroom in mind.
Check out the preview for a sample of all the variations.