This product is intended to provide a range of resources for teaching Spanish Colors! It includes resources for direct instruction, individual work, pair work, games, listening, reading, writing, speaking, and assessment! It also includes a Comprehensible Input story and accompanying comprehension activities. Utilizing the activities in this product could take you through an entire unit for Spanish Colors!
This product includes:
I. A PowerPoint for direct instruction covering Spanish Colors
II. A second PowerPoint that is a Comprehensible Input story using colors and animal cognates (teacher guide included for help with the CI story as well as examples of how to expand upon the story)
III. A single PDF containing the following products:
1. A PowerPoint to teach colors through direct instruction
2. Guided Notes to accompany the PowerPoint There are four versions of the notes (one with Spanish and English terms, one with Spanish terms only, one with English terms only, and one completely blank). You can choose which to use with your students, or assign different versions for differentiation!
3. A Crossword Puzzle (answer key included)
4. A Lyrics Page for a colors song by Basho and Friends on Youtube (link on following page)
5. A Listening/Comprehension Practice for the song (answer key included)
6. A Comprehensible Input Story (in PowerPoint form) about colors of animals at the zoo. This can be printed and used as a reading handout if you are not comfortable with teaching using CI.
7. A Note/Scratch Sheet for students to use as the follow along with the CI story
8. An Info Gap partner speaking activity based on the CI story (no teacher guide as it is self explanatory, however I generally time each partner and allow for 5 minutes each)
9. A Visual Activity (fill in the blank) CI story
10. A Comprehension Activity based on the CI story
11. Vocabulary Cards that can be printed as flashcards and/or a matching game
12. An Activity Page that lists various ways to use the vocabulary cards
13. A Games Page that lists different games (with instructions) you can use to practice colors vocab
14. A Summative Assessment over colors (answer key included)
15. Links to outside resources I use for colors in class (not factored into price)