PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This activity contains 30 clues for Spanish words associated with Columbus Day, plus 8 images for students to identify. Students are instructed to:
1. Complete the crossword.
2. Write Spanish vocabulary words under each of the 8 images.
3. Write the Spanish word next to each clue.
Sample words included are Caribe, España, marinero, mar, nave, octubre, ruta comercial, especias, Cristóbol Colón, Rey Fernando, Reina Isabella, explorador and viaje por mar.
The download includes:
1. Crossword with images
2. Answer key with words next to the clues
3. Vocabulary page, copied 2 per page for student handouts
4. Enlarged vocabulary page for presenting and practicing in class
The download can be used as a fun substitute lesson plan. When students complete the worksheet activities, they can quiz each other on the vocabulary using the vocabulary reference.
Created by Sue Summers
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my picture and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
Spanish Columbus Day / Día de la Raza Crossword and Vocabulary by Sue Summers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. dia festivo, crucigrama