This is a very thorough "mini" project on investigating various aspects of culture in Argentina. Students will work within groups to research a given topic about Argentina (el tango, La Recoleta, los gauchos, Evita, La Boca) and will fill out a note sheet to guide their thinking. Various questions need to be answered including describing this cultural topic, discussing why it is important to the people in Argentina, what equivalent might this have in United States culture, and more. A list of key words are included in the note sheet to guide student thinking.
Next, students have to create a 4-5 minute presentation that utilizes some form of technology (video, Google Drive Presentation, etc) to present their topic to the class. Finally, each group needs to provide a six question quiz that assesses their classmates' new found knowledge of the topic.
After the presentations and mini assessments, students need to self-evaluate their presentation and their classmates need to evaluate the presentations. The way the rubric is set up right now is that the average of the classmate's ratings is included in the group's presentation grade.
As mentioned, there is a complete rubric that can be altered to your needs/desires. There is also a "program of events" that clearly outlines the order of events and expectations for the presentation day. This mini-project should take about 2 days to research and prepare a brief presentation and 1 day to present.
Overall, the following items are included in the 10-page editable document:
1) project description (can be edited to suit your needs)
2) 5 note sheets (with key words) that guide students' investigations (I have my students fill these out on Google Drive but any other format works, too!)
3) the rubric that the teachers fills out to grade the presentations
4) a self-evaluation
5) a peer-evaluation
6) a "program of events" to clearly outline the expectations and objectives on presentation day
This project is ideal for a Spanish 3-5 class or an honors level 2-5.
Like what you see? Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺