The use of realia such modern songs in the learning process will give the student more of a feel of real-world application of his language skills as well as an enriching cultural experience in itself.
In depth analysis of the song LATINOAMERICA” by Calle 13 feat. Toto La Momposina, Maria Rita & Susana Baca
This song indirectly touches the topic of American Imperialism and its impact on Latin America, through the masterful use of metaphors and symbologies related to Latin American identity.
- Full Lyrics text of the song
- Comprehension & Analysis questions
- Further exercise focusing on the interpretation of the metaphors used
- Reading comprehension text on American Imperialism and Latin America
- A Mind map outlining important points for a class discussion on the topic.
This is advanced level material
Youtube link to the song:
ANSWER SHEET is not included because many questions are discussion based however if you require answer guidelines I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.