Spanish Culture Stations El Salvador & Gangs Spanish Class Digital Sub Plans
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you struggling with how to plan your Spanish 2 or Spanish 3 class using comprehensible input focusing on the Spanish preterite and imperfect tenses? This el pretérito y el imperfecto mega bundle has 2 full CI units, bell ringers for every day, Spanish culture, commands, the future, weekend talk,Price $84.99Original Price $112.34Save $27.35
This editable Google Doc activity was designed to use stations (reading, listening, writing & speaking) to introduce intermediate Spanish students to the Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) and El Salvador, before reading the novel Vida y Muerte en la Mara Salvatrucha from Fluency Matters. It was created for high school Spanish 3 and Spanish 4 and has mature themes of gang violence.
Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) and El Salvador Cultural Stations Google Doc Includes
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - authentic Reading & Listening in Spanish
- ✅ Presentations Communication - Writing in Spanish
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ An editable Google Doc that can be assigned digitally for a paperless class
- ✅ A printable activity that can be used in traditional in-person stations
If you are wondering how to build background knowledge and vocabulary about gangs and El Salvador before reading the novel, this resource is just what you are looking for. It can work as a great one day sub plan as well.
Internet access will be required for parts. The Google Doc can be completed completely online for virtual or hybrid instruction through a LMS such as Google Classroom if you have 1:1 technology.
Or it can be printed and used in a traditional in person stations rotation around the classroom.
For Digital completion of the MS13 Stations
- Please click “make a copy” to create your own master to edit. You may assign on password-protected LMS like Google Classroom & click “make a copy”& each student will get their own unique document to work on.
- If students are completing fully online, you might want them to use Flipgrid, record a video, or use break-out rooms on Zoom to do the speaking portion.
Please note, you will need to check your Wifi filters in advance to see if students can access the authentic readings on websites and Youtube videos. Extra options are provided in case some are blocked by your school.
80+ 5 star reviews!
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This activity was extremely helpful in providing autonomy to my students and allowing them to work at their own pace. It also allows teachers to determine what will work best for their own classroom dynamic and student needs. You can choose group work, individual, student-paced, etc. Thanks for sharing! - Summer M
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used this with my Spanish for Spanish Speakers class before we read the novel (Vida y Muerte en la Mara Salvatrucha). It was super helpful to introduce the novel! - Spanish with Stephanie
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students used this both online and in person during hybrid learning to get ready to read Vida y Muerte. It was great - Sra. Turner
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Interpersonal Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google Resource that once you click Add to Drive, will be added to your Google Drive in a Folder called TPT Purchases
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.