This is a very simple story to teach daily routines and reflexive verbs in Spanish. We follow Mr. Quiroga through his day: getting up, showering, eating breakfast, going to work, going to the supermarket, walking his dog, etc.
This bundle includes:
- El señor Quiroga - picture story
- Story cards (without text) for students to retell the story in Spanish
- A student version in black-and-white
- Game cards with daily routines vocabulary
- A four-page teacher's guide with suggestions for teaching the story
- Three worksheets with a full answer key
The following vocabulary is used in this story:
- se despierta
- se baña
- va al trabajo
- va al supermercado
- vuelve a casa
- camina con su perro
- cena con su novia (optional)
- mira la televisión
- se acuesta en la cama
- lee un libro antes de dormir
NOTE: This story is sold in PDF format. I have received some requests to put these stories in PowerPoint format. However, many of the artists who create educational clipart specify that the clipart must be locked down in a PDF file, as this secures the file images. Some PDF viewing programs have the option to "view as slideshow", which looks very similar to a PowerPoint presentation. Other programs have the option to view as full screen or full page. This is how I use the PDF files in my class.
I teach this story with TPRS®, a method developed by Blaine Ray.
This story provides input that is comprehensible, engaging, and carefully structured to include lots of repetition. I have been using TPRS® in my classes since 2007 and have found it to be a highly successful method for learning languages. I have used TPRS® with preschool through adult classes and have found that learners of all ages are captivated by stories.