Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This flexible, editable, and engaging color-coded bundle teaches the days of the week. The main PPT (also in PDF version) includes the origin of the names of the days and the difference between the English and Spanish languages. It also provides a snapshot of pre-Columbian and colonial architecture, Maya astronomy, religion in Spain and Latin America, and the tradition of the pregón. Links to cultural and video resources allow you to customize the unit to your needs.
This Mac and PC compatible file includes:
- PPT and PDF presentation versions
- PPT / PDF with recordings by a native speaker (reading and listening). Recordings are only available in the PPT version.
- PPT / PDF with images without words to review the vocabulary and play games (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Practice and reading comprehension worksheets (reading and writing)
- Snake game PDF with colorful cards (listening, speaking, and reading)
- Link to quizlet by request.
"I can statements" at the end of this unit:
- I can name the days of the week
- I can say the origin of the names of the days of the week
- I can ask and answer “What day is today?”, “What day is tomorrow?” among others
- I can use the vocabulary and expressions related to the days of the week
- I can talk about colonial homes in Mexico, Chichén Itzá, religion in Spain and Latin America, La Habana, Lysett la manisera, El manisero, and the pregón
Culture topics include:
-Origin of the names of the days of the week
-Architecture in Maya and Mexican colonial towns
-Religion in Spain and Latin America
-La Habana, Cuba
-Lysett la manisera
-El manisero and the pregón
Created by native Spanish-speaking language, history, and graphic design instructors. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: © Para Nuevo Rumbo 2018. Para Nuevo Rumbo retains the copyright and reserves all rights to its products. By downloading these items, you are licensed to use them for personal and classroom use only as a single user. Additional licenses can be purchased for multiple users. Copying any part of these products for commercial purposes or any use other than those specified above are strictly prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).