Make Hispanic culture come alive by traveling the globe virtually with your students to all 21 Spanish speaking countries. This collection of links to 101 video clips with 1-5 questions for each video are perfect for teaching authentic culture and for Spanish listening practice (accents and people from all over the world). Great for Hispanic Heritage Month or for teaching culture all year long! Perfect for distance learning!
Through these videos, your students will:
* Attend the Tomatina festival in Spain
* Immerse themselves in a mariachi flash mob in Mexico
* Learn about saving baby monkeys in Costa Rica
* Visit the Panama Canal construction project
* Meet tortoises on the Galapagos Islands
* Sing along to music videos from Paraguay
* Learn the traditions of drinking mate in Argentina
* Celebrate Day of the Dead in various countries and so much more.
Most video clips are between 2-10 minutes long and most are appropriate for all levels of students (from elementary to high school). They are rated so you can tell which ones will be most appropriate for your students (All, MS, HS). Some videos are in Spanish, others are a combination of Spanish and English, some are just visuals, and some have subtitles.
This resource includes 1-5 questions in Spanish for each video clip (also available ito download to your Google Drive). You can use these as sub plans, for homework assignments, or for cultural writing practice in class. If you have lower level students, just write the questions on the board in English to make it easier for them. Answer key included.
** You must be able to access YouTube at your school to use these. **
Here's what teachers are saying:
* "Wonderful resource, exactly what I needed! Super helpful that everything is divided by region and gives description, length of video clip, and age level. This resource has given my introductory level middle school students better cultural understanding with authentic material!"
* "Thank you so much for this very thorough resource! It is very well organized, making it easy to quickly find what I might need."
* "Many countries, many videos, one great resource. Inspiring for both students and teachers."
Want Hispanic cultural activities for the whole year?
These video clips are part of my Hispanic Countries Bundle (colorful photos, interesting facts, nationality practice, flags, and more). You can purchase the whole bundle or the individual parts.
Want Spanish lessons for the whole year?