can be much more difficult for students than initial and final sounds when spelling words. This packet targets medial sounds in 150 words
, at differentiated
levels of practice... all in SPANISH
, in a super fun and motivating detective theme
To introduce the unit and build student excitement, kick off the event with a detective photo booth!
Print the included detective elements and attach to wooden dowels, then snap photos of your class "detectives"!
Once in character, "detectives" will solve the case of the secret sounds
by completing worksheets
(in class, or in take-home packets) targeting medial sounds
• 2-syllable words (Both of the syllables are open syllables, and the medial sound is missing, e.g., the "c" in "vaca".) - 48 words
• 3-syllable words (All 3 of the syllables are open syllables, and one of the medial consonants is missing, e.g., the "d" in "helado".) - 48 words
Those students who are ready may gain additional practice
in discerning medial sounds in:
• consonant blends (br, dr, gr, tr) in 2- and 3-syllable words (e.g., the "br" in "libro") - 12 words
• closed syllable structure (e.g., the "l" in "pulpo") - 12 words
In addition to worksheets, students may visit a center station
where they will gain additional practice with medial sounds in:
• 2-syll words (10 words)
• 3-syll words (10 words)
• closed syllable 3-syll words (10 words)
• Center station includes answer keys.
I hope you and your little detectives enjoy this medial sounds unit!
Be sure to leave feedback for credits toward future purchases
Most graphics by Educlips.
Full list of contributing clip artists is included in the file when purchased.