I have always been a big fan of dramatic play and role play in the foreign language classroom. It gives children a chance to practice sounds and words that are new to them in a fun atmosphere.
This set has a great selection of food related vocabulary to support these fun venues in your classroom. The set is quite flexible as you can choose which words fit into your lesson plan and how elaborate
or simple you wish to be in setting up your areas. I like to break the class into groups to take turns in the dramatic play area while other groups are writing menus or shopping lists as they get ready for
their turn. This gives you a chance to move around and help with pronunciation without putting one student on the spot in front of the class.
The set includes:
1. General Food in Spanish & English-16 pgs
2. Grocery Store specific words-6 pgs
3. Restaurant specific words-14 pgs
4. Verbs associated with food -4 pgs
5. Supermercado large banner
6. Supermercado mini banners (use these on a shelf with the props
if you don't have much space in your classroom)
7. Supermarket large banner
8. Supermarket mini banner
9. Tienda Large banner
10. Tienda mini banner
11. Store large banner
12. Store mini banner
13. Grocery Store open/closed signs-2
14. Grocery food department signs-8
15. Shopping List (English & Spanish)-2
16. Play money
17. Useful grocery store phrases-1
18. Restaurant large banner
19. Restaurant mini banner (again, useful if your classroom is small)
20. Seating signs-2
21. Menu planning sheets-4 (Black & white, color, and with or without lines)
22. Chef blackboard (which can be laminated and used with white dry erase pens to change the menu as needed)
23. Useful restaurant phrases
24. Placemat with place settings
Grocery Store Ideas:
--send a letter home with the students asking for
clean, empty can & bottle donations to fill some
shelves in your classroom.
--for classrooms with little or no room to set up a
store, cut & laminate magazine pictures of
appropriate products to dialogue with.
--Print the menu chef on stiff paper or glue to cardboard
& laminate. Use a white dry erase pen to change the
menus. It can print up to poster size at a printers shop.
--have the students decorate the tables with colorful
tissue paper flowers & paper tablecloths.
--use your restaurant to have a fund raiser for extra
classroom supplies or field trips to enrich your
curriculum. Students could bake Spanish dishes or
desserts and invite parents and other classes to come
at certain times to participate. Put signs on your
classroom door as to when the restaurant will be open,
or ask to have a spot in a PTA function.
This coordinates with the Spanish English Word Wall Set in my store: www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-English-Word-Wall-Set-666805
Thanks for looking! I would LOVE to have you follow my store!