This is a set of notes for Spanish 1 students about the verb estar being used with adjectives - specifically, adjectives of condition and emotion. It includes a Word file of a handout for student notes that include blanks for fill-in and the corresponding PowerPoint for direct instruction. Our school bases our curriculum on the Descubre curriculum, and the concepts and vocabulary used loosely correspond to chapter 5 of Descubre 1.
This product includes:
• A Microsoft Word document of student notes including blanks for fill-in and integrated practice
• A PDF copy of those same notes in case of any wonky formatting issues
• A PowerPoint presentation to present the notes
Grammatical structures and vocabulary involved:
• The verb estar
• Adjectives of condition and emotion (assumes prior understanding of noun gender and number)
• Vocabulary: loosely corresponds to Descubre 1, chapter 5
Happy teaching and learning!