SPANISH EXPLORERS is a perfect-bound book that we SHIP to you featuring TWELVE literacy-based lessons and nonfiction informational biographies about the lives and daring exploits of famous explorers and conquistadors:
Vasco Nunez de Balboa
Juan Ponce de Leon
Cabeza de Vaca
Hernando de Soto
Francisco de Coronado
The Future of New Spain
INCLUDED IN THE SPANISH EXPLORERS UNIT:
• Nonfiction Informational Text~we provide all of the CONTENT
• Questions after each Explorer lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Spanish Explorer Discussion Questions
• Reference Mapping using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Latitude and Longitude Mapping-lines of Latitude, Longitude, the Equator, Prime Meridian
• Explorer Grid Puzzles utilizing Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Research Projects using Primary and Secondary Sources
• Journal Writing using Close Reading and Text Features to enhance Comprehension
• Spanish Explorer Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues for ELL students
• Spanish Explorer Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own miniature globe. All patterns included!
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Writing Assignments.
Spanish Explorers is shipped FREE anywhere in the 50 states.
(If you live outside the U.S., please contact us in the Q/A section BEFORE ordering for shipping costs).
Download the Spanish Explorers Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, as well as sample Lessons and Activities.
OUR OTHER AMERICAN HISTORY HARD COPIES:
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS HARD COPY
13 COLONIES HARD COPY
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT HARD COPY
AMERICAN REVOLUTION HARD COPY
SLAVERY IN AMERICA HARD COPY
CIVIL WAR HARD COPY
WESTWARD EXPANSION HARD COPY
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING SPANISH EXPLORERS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.