ASSESS THE GENERAL QUALITY OF MY WORK WITH THIS FREE DOWNLOAD. Download the remaining four lessons for this module here https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Module-8-Food-5-lessons-BUNDLE-4571395 Whole lesson power point presentation and handout on giving a range of opinions about food and drink.
Lesson activities include:
- Recapping simple opinions. Students translate into English.
- Introducing a range of vocabulary related to food.
- Slide with pictures of food suitable for pronunciation reinforcement or games (beat the teacher; swat the picture; ‘psychic’ game, etc.)
- Reading task: Students match the food vocabulary from the previous tasks to the correct pictures.
- Reading translation task: Students read and translate key questions and exclamation phrases which will be used throughout the lesson.
- Listening task: Students listen to six teenagers talking about what they like and don’t like to eat and drink. They match what they hear to the correct names and picture prompts.
- Speaking task: Working in pairs, students talk about the food and drink they like/dislike, saying whether they agree with the speakers in the previous exercise.
- Listening task: Students listen to four speakers talking about what they like and don’t like to eat or drink. They complete a table by noting down the details in English into the correct column.
- Speaking task: Students carry out a survey of at least six people in the class to find out what food and drink they like and dislike. The key questions introduced earlier in the lesson are provided, as well as tip box on the use of the definite article after ‘me gusta(n)’.
- Reading translation task: Students read five short texts in which animals describe what they like to eat. They find a series of phrases in Spanish which correspond to the given English.
- Reading task: Students re-read the texts from the previous exercise and match each text to the animal pictured.
- Recapping present tense conjugations. Students then conjugate the stem changing verb Preferir for all subjects.
- Writing task: Students produce an extended writing piece about what they like and don’t like to eat or drink. They use a range of connectives (provided) as well as exclamations and write about someone else’s preferences.
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 2 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).