This ready to go PowerPoint is a mixed practice that requires students to use their knowledge of the gender of nouns to choose the correct article (definite or indefinite). This PowerPoint is designed to be used after a few days of practice with the gender of nouns and articles. This activity includes masculine and feminine exceptions.
- Directions for the teacher (ideas for use - whiteboard, task cards)
- 2 quick review slides for the articles
- 5 questions that ask students to choose the correct article (between 2) for a singular or plural noun
- 5 questions that ask students to choose the correct article (between 3) for a singular or plural noun
- 10 questions that ask students to choose the correct article (between 4) for a singular or plural noun
- 5 open-ended questions that ask for either a definite or indefinite article for the answer
- Answer slides for each question, along with a gender of nouns explanation
This is a great activity to assess in partners or individually whether students understand the gender or nouns and articles. Enjoy!