This product includes 4 scaffolded activities to accompany the viewing of the short film "La Leyenda del Espantapájaros" (available on YouTube, link provided).
Students will begin by watching the short animated film and answering some basic questions in Spanish about what they see happening.
Students will watch the film a second time, this time focusing on 14 different vocabulary words that students should be able to acquire based on the context of the film. They will then use these 14 words to answer additional questions about the legend.
In the third activity, students are asked to fill in missing parts of an English translation of the legend when given the Spanish script.
In the final activity, students examine the Spanish script of the movie more closely to find examples of the preterite and imperfect tenses and support the author's choice for their usage.
This Product Includes:
1. Link to the film "La Leyenda del Espantapájaros" on YouTube
2. Visual Literacy Activity
3. Predicting Meaning Activity
4. Comprehension Activity (includes film script in Spanish)
5. Preterite vs Imperfect Activity
If you like this, click below to check out some related products also available in this store:
Justo Castor Superestrella - Episode 1
La Banda de Verduras - Episode 1
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺