Need innovative ways to teach grammar in your classroom? These Spanish grammar lesson plans for subjunctive, commands, question words, preterite, imperfect, etc.) will give you tons of new ideas and will save you hours of prep, all while getting your students to listen, read, write, and speak in the target language. 950 pages of resources to save you time and engage your students, plus 25% off regular prices.
Here's what teachers are saying:
* "Our job as educators is not an easy one...and each day it continues to get more difficult and we have more and more added to our plate! These materials are wonderful and I cannot wait to look through the rest! If I had ten thumbs, I'd give ten thumbs up...though I am only able to give two! :-)"
* "I used this all year in my classroom!"
* "Has lots of activities and different topics and keeps me from re-inventing the wheel every night. Thank you so much!"
Here's what's included:
1. Spanish Subjunctive Unit
Present Spanish subjunctive review sheets, games, web activities, songs, quizzes and tests to spice up teaching this tense.
2. Spanish Commands/Imperativo Unit
Everything you need to spice up teaching the formal and informal commands. Fun Spanish activities and games, quizzes, pamphlet project, writing assignment, homework, classroom decorating activity, Internet practice, station activities, realia readings, grading rubrics, and day-by-day lesson plans.
3. Spanish Speaking Activities
Use these for quarterly assessments, midyear, midterm, final exams, or classroom use. The Spanish Speaking Exam includes 40 situations in English. Students read the situation and then speak in Spanish. Here is an example:
Ex. Pretend I am coming to visit you from another country. Tell me what the weather is like here and what sort of clothing I need to bring. Describe where you live. Is it near or far from the school? What do teenagers do on weekends?
4. Fairy Tale Writing Project to Review Verbs, Grammar
Students write fairy tales combining grammar, advanced vocabulary, a speaking component, and verb tenses such as preterite, imperfect, subjunctive, future, and conditional. It is a great end of year, final Spanish project. The editing process solidifies the grammar that advanced classes cover throughout the year. It includes project notes for the teacher, instructions for the students, peer edit sheets, peer evaluation sheets, a list of transition words, a correction symbol sheet, sample illustrations, and a grading rubric. Use it as a final project instead of a final exam or use it anytime throughout the year. It takes 3-4 weeks to complete.
5. Spanish Transition Words (included in Fairy Tale Project)
This list of 100 transition words for beginner, intermediate, AP students, and college students is a great tool to improve and formalize student writing. This list is divided into categories including: Expressing Time, Expressing Opinions, Expressing Conditions, Combining Short Sentences into Longer Sentences, Comparing and Contrasting, Consequences, and Concluding.
There are three different levels of transition words with a sample sentence for each expression to help students understand how to use each one.
6. Spanish II Midterm, Final Exam
This exam includes everything you need to test the essential skills of your intermediate students (speaking, writing, reading, listening, grammar, and culture). I gave this exam several times to my students so it has been thoroughly tested. Just print it out and you're ready to go for exam day.
7. Question Words, Interrogatives
Everything you need to teach your students how to ask questions. The unit includes: a step-by-step teaching guide, 4 different games with versions for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels, Internet review activities, homework assignments, a speaking rubric, two songs, and a quiz and answer key.
8. Preterite, Imperfect Unit
This 400 page unit has everything you need to teach these two tenses and how to differentiate between them:
* Preterite and imperfect verb formation and usage guide (regular verbs, irregular verbs, stem changing verbs)
* 145 slide PPT
* Games, songs, videos, practice activities, stories, writing, and speaking activities
9. Trifold Flashcards
These innovative flashcards help students learn verbs and grammar in context. They conjugate the verb, fill in conjugated forms in sentences, and then write the sentences. Afterwards they have flashcards to use for studying for quizzes, tests, or their final exams. Regular AR, ER, IR verbs, gustar, expressions with tener, reflexives, irregulars, preterite AR, ER, IR verbs, and CAR, GAR, ZAR verbs.
10. End of Year Memory Page Share end of year memories while reviewing grammar - makes a cute keepsake.
11. Present Perfect Mejor Cocinero Speaking Activity Play this fun game based on the famous TV show with 30 game cards to get your students speaking and using authentic expressions with the present perfect tense.
Want less or want to see more detailed versions of the resources?