I developed this bundle of three graphic organizers for use in my Spanish 1 classes. Although I created it specifically for use during the Greetings and Introductions unit, I think that it will be an effective writing tool for every thematic unit.
The idea is to use geometric designs to guide students as they compose short dialogues based on a question / response format. As the shapes become more complex, students are required to write additional sentences.
Ultimately, students should begin to challenge themselves to write more lengthy dialogues in order to gain status as having completed the higher-level organizer.
This bundle includes:
1. Five graphic organizers
2. A sample with clear and concise instructions for the teacher
3. Original photography of Lima, Peru that can be printed and displayed as a classroom poster.
This product has multiple applications and can be used with all foreign languages and ESL / EFL. Not only is it a great formative activity:
* it can also be given as homework,
* as a bell ringer / warm-up,
* it can be used as a self-assessment,
* it makes for an incredible collaborative / team-building activity,
* it will be a great addition to your substitute teacher plans.