Here are awesome review activities for the first week of school for high school or middle school Spanish. *Includes QUESTION words review too! There is enough material for an entire week or more! (A black and white version of the document is also included.)
Below is a description of how I use this document in my Spanish 2 class at the beginning of the school year.
1. I ask the students to fill in what they can remember about the topics on the first 2 pages.
2. Then I hand out the detailed vocabulary chart (3 columns). Students will refer to this sheet to fill in whatever information they could not remember. The chart and guided practice pages are organized by color for better comprehension.
3. Then I ask students to practice these phrases by having mini-conversations with some classmates. (The document design sets the students up for success for basic conversation practice.)
4. I assign the last 3 pages (question formation and dialog) for guided practice and/or homework.
This document includes:
1) A note sheet including most commonly used phrases for getting to know someone. For example, greetings, salutations, questions and conversation starters, such as, birthday, age, address, likes and dislikes.
2) Guided practice for question formation and responses
3) Notes and guided practice for interrogative words (question words)
4) A guided dialog for students to create
5) Black and white version included