This activity allows beginning level Spanish students to use their speaking, listening, reading, and possibly writing skills to practice greetings and good-byes, in Spanish. It is meant to be a pair activity, but can be adapted to fit other needs.
1. Cut the handout down the middle.
2. Split students up into pairs.
3. Assign one student to be “1” and the other “2”.
4. Give the student their corresponding side, telling them not to let their partner see their paper.
5. The student with paper “1” starts by translating their number 1, into Spanish, out loud.
6. Student “2” checks their partners answer on their own paper. They will say “bien” or “mal” and correct them if necessary.
7. Now it is student “2”’s turn. They translate their number 2, while students “1” checks their answer.
8. The pair continues until they finish the papers. At this time, they can switch to get more practice.
*This activity can be adapted to include more writing, less talking, etc.