This unit is for the Spanish language class.
1. Bilingual Reading on the celebration of Halloween. This allows for differentiation in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. La Noche de Brujas Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading.
3. La Noche de Brujas Vocabulary (3 worksheets)
-Write the correct Spanish vocabulary word under each picture.
-Match Spanish vocabulary words with English words.
-Match Spanish vocabulary words with Spanish definitions.
This unit includes vocabulary words such as la bruja, la calabaza, el fantasma, el huerto de calabazas, truco o trato etc.
4. Fill in the Blanks with the correct vocabulary word from the word bank.
5. La Noche de Brujas Comprehension Questions: Students will form questions using the cues provided. Then, they will answer the questions using the information found in the reading.
6. Vocabulary/ Grammar Review with Spanish simile
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish simile by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e body parts, numbers, colors, days of the week, months, seasons, job titles, and family members). After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish simile, “tan sabio como el búho”. Finally, students will write a sentence using the simile.
LEVEL 2: Repaso de Gramática con un Símil
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden simile by identifying different parts of speech (i.e pronombres sustantivos, los adverbios, verbos irregulares del presente, verbos regulares del pasado, verbos irregulares del pasado, verbos regulares del futuro, y verbos irregulares del futuro.) After identifying the words according to their parts of speech, they will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the simile “tan blanco como el fantasma”. Finally, students will write a sentence using the Spanish simile.
7. Vocabulary Scramble: Students will unscramble the Halloween vocabulary words from the reading.
8. La Noche de Brujas Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words “Noche de Brujas”.
9. Word Art: This worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to La Noche de Brujas. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for students to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary from this unit.
When students have finished this word art worksheet, it can be easily displayed to make a beautiful bulletin board for La Noche de Brujas.
More Spanish Lessons
Spanish Halloween/ October Activity Pack
Spanish Halloween Word Wall
Dia de Muertos Bilingual Reading
Hispanic Holiday BUNDLE
Spanish Halloween Verb Conjugation Boards
Spanish Day of the Dead Verb Activities
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺