Project for upper Spanish levels
Students will do a mini-research project on a famous Hispanic Hero. Project consists of compiling research about their life, then culminates with a class discussion in Socratic Seminar form. Download includes:
- Opening Activity: Guess the Hero (PPT/worksheet) - 8 images of famous heroes in the world. Students view the image, try to write down the hero's name, birthplace, job, and contribution to society. Student with the most points wins!
- List of 30 Hispanic heroes for students to choose from.
- Vocabulary list with “hero” descriptions/characteristics
- Graphic organizer for student’s research (childhood, adulthood, contribution, personality, your opinion)
- Socratic Seminar conversation prep activities: Gallery walk to form questions and 4 corners to practice the 4 main research areas
- Socratic circle discussion questions: 12 questions total (2 questions for each of the 6 groups. 1 question is taken from the graphic organizer and the other is deeper thinking, where students connect the information to their own life.)
- Reflection paper for outer circle students during the Socratic Seminar
- Rubric for Socratic Circle: Out of 25 points, place for comments
View more ideas at: