This bundle is packed with resources for teaching rooms of a house in Spanish! It is perfect for elementary and younger middle school students, although some teachers have also used it with older students. Note: I do not teach these stories all at once. I space them out throughout the school year so my students are continually spiraling through vocabulary.
This bundle contains the following:
• 31 worksheets with a full answer key
• Six sets of house diagrams. Each set includes:
○ Diagrams of the house with the rooms labeled in Spanish (color and black-and-white)
○ Diagrams of the house with the rooms numbered (color and black-and-white)
○ A diagram of the house with family members in each room (color)
○ A diagram of the house with family members in each room (black-and-white)
○ Four worksheets (for a total of 24 worksheets). Note: I typically do not use these worksheets in my own classes. Instead, I use the house diagrams to ask questions and circle vocabulary.
• Five picture books:
¡La casa se quema! - A firefighter goes through a burning house looking for a baby. Includes:
○ ¡La casa se quema! - picture book
○ ¡La casa se quema! - story cards (without text)
○ ¡La casa se quema! - student version (text only)
○ ¡La casa se quema! - five worksheets
¿Dónde está Bigotes? - A girl goes through a house looking for her missing cat. Includes:
○ ¿Dónde está Bigotes? - picture book
○ ¿Dónde está Bigotes? - story cards (without text)
○ ¿Dónde está Bigotes? - student version (text only)
○ ¿Dónde está Bigotes? - five worksheets
Peluso tiene hambre - A hungry dog goes through the house asking all of the family members for something to eat. Includes:
○ Peluso tiene hambre - picture book
○ Peluso tiene hambre - story cards (without text)
○ Peluso tiene hambre - student version (text only)
○ Peluso tiene hambre - five worksheets
El ratón - A mouse goes through the rooms of a house after everyone in the family is asleep. Includes:
○ El ratón - picture book
○ El ratón - story cards (without text)
○ El ratón - student version (text only)
○ El ratón - five worksheets
La casa embrujada - Two boys explore a haunted house.
○ La casa embrujada - picture book
○ La casa embrujada - writing prompt
I use this bundle in my elementary classroom for a total of 6 weeks of instruction (I see students for two hours each week). Depending on how often you see students, this bundle may last anywhere from 3-6 weeks.
Be sure to check out the preview file, which includes 17 sample pages.
NOTE: These stories are sold in PDF format. I have received some requests to put these stories in PowerPoint format. However, many of the artists who create educational clipart specify that the clipart must be locked down in a PDF file, as this secures the file images. Some PDF viewing programs have the option to "view as slideshow", which looks very similar to a PowerPoint presentation. Other programs have the option to view as full screen or full page. This is how I use the PDF files in my class.
I teach this story with TPRS®, a method developed by Blaine Ray.
This story provides input that is comprehensible, engaging, and carefully structured to include lots of repetition. I have been using TPRS® in my classes since 2007 and have found it to be a highly successful method for learning languages. I have used TPRS® with preschool through adult classes and have found that learners of all ages are captivated by stories.