Integrated Performance Assessment
Proficiency Level: Intermediate Low
Scenario: There is going to be a new foreign exchange student at your school coming from Mexico. You notice that many of your classmates are already making judgments about the new student based on her ethnicity, and they haven’t even met her yet. You talk to your classmates about stereotyping and how this can affect people and our world.
Interpretive: Read an informational article and interpret it.
Presentational: Write a column in your school newspaper explaining stereotypes and their effects.
Interpersonal: Have a conversation with classmates about your opinion on stereotypes.
Download comes with:
- Teacher page with ACTFL standards
- Student intro page with proficiency guidelines and infographic
- Interpretive authentic reading, assessment, and answer key with rubric
- Presentational writing exam with rubric
- Interpersonal speaking task cards with rubric