Spanish Interactive Notebook: Mamíferos, reptiles, insectos y arácnidos (los animales)
The Spanish 'Mamíferos, reptiles, insectos y arácnidos' Interactive Notebook Activity can be used in the following ways:
1. Group In-class activity.
2. In-class assessment.
Included in the lesson:
A total of 36 slides: A cover page plus 35 slides which include different mammals, reptiles, insects and arachnids. The slides can be printed or projected. If you have access to the SMART Notebook software, the lesson can easily be modified to fit your needs. This lesson is compatible with most interactive education softwares. If you do not utilize an interactive education software, you can download the pdf images and utilize the images that best fit your lesson.
1. Each page contains an image of an animal in its 'natural habitat'. Please keep in mind that all background images were created using the SMART Gallery.
2. The background image and the smaller objects on the page have been locked to prevent students from accidentally dragging them.
3. The biggest image (animal) will be the only object not locked. When students click on the image, the object will either dissolve or fly away. Objects will reappear once you leave the page and return to it.
4. Underneath the unlocked object, the name of the indicated object will appear. As you will notice, names will either appear in blue or red. You can ask the students what the blue words have in common and what the red words have in common.
5. If you wish to delete or modify the name of the object, click on the name, unlock it, then either delete or modify it. Once you have completed your edits, I recommend that you lock it is an image to prevent students from accidentally dragging it.
6. This lesson is compatible with other interactive education softwares, but the editing process may be different.
List of 'Mamíferos, reptiles, insectos y arácnidos':
La abeja, la araña, la ballena, el búho, el burro, el caballo, la cabra, la cebra, el cerdo, la culebra, el conejo, el delfín, el dinosaurio, el elefante, la gallina, el gato, el hipopótamo, la jirafa, la lagartija, el león, el mapache, la mariposa, la mofeta, el mono, el oso, la oveja, el pájaro, el pato, el perro, el pez, el pingüino, la rana, el ratón, el tigre, la vaca
This lesson has been used to introduce new vocabulary words and review related action words (i.e. correr, nadar, saltar, volar, ...) and basic adjectives (i.e. grande, pequeño, ...) and colors. This lesson has been used in various Spanish levels in all three divisions (elementary, middle and high school).