Prepare your dual language students for the STAAR test or your state test with these Spanish vocabulary science cards. They are content vocabulary word cards for concepts in Kindergarten such as Scientific Inquiry, Matter, Energy, Motion, Space Science, Earth Science, and Life Science. You’ll find I’ve also included a user-friendly key that will assist monolingual English speaking teachers with the translations.
1. Post these content vocabulary word cards and introduce them before the lesson. Then have the bilingual pairs point them out during your lesson and allow bilingual pair discussion.
2. The bilingual pairs can write sentences using the vocabulary in their interactive notebooks.
3. You can provide these words for at-home study.
4. You can review these words with your students at the conclusion of your lesson.
5. Post them on your science word wall for future reference and for reference during the bilingual learning center science activities.
6. Use the words in bilingual learning center games.
7. Use them during transition time for a quick drill.
8. Get creative with them in your classroom!