Spanish Landforms Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall!
This is a set of 24 landform vocabulary cards in Spanish that you can use with your students when teaching geography in a bilingual classroom or a dual-language or Spanish immersion program. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. I’ve also included an enlarged version of the same set of cards that you can post in your classroom as a landform bulletin board or word wall. This is also available with two other landform products in the Spanish Geography Vocabulary Bundle
*Note: This is also available in English. Find it here
This set includes:
• 24 landforms trading cards with the word and picture on the front and a definition and famous example of the landform on the back.
• The same 24 landform cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and space to write their own definition.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more landforms to as they come across them in their studies
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their landform cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these landform flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarge version of the same set of cards that you can post in your classroom as a landform bulletin board or word wall.
I print these landform flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the name of the landform with its picture. The back has a definition as well as a famous example of the landform that students can try to find on a map or in an atlas.
I originally created these landform flashcards to help my ELL students learn the immense amount of vocabulary that comes along with teaching geography but have found that all of my students have fun and learn from them!
The landforms included in this set of cards are:
• archipélago / archipelago
• atolón / atoll
• bahía / bay
• butte / butte
• cañón / canyon
• cabo / cape
• caverna / cave
• caleta / cove
• delta / delta
• duna / dune
• fiordo / fjord
• golfo / gulf
• glaciar / glacier
• isla / island
• istmo / isthmus
• laguna / lagoon
• meseta / mesa
• península / peninsula
• planicie / plain
• altiplanicie / plateau
• estrecho / sound
• estrecho / straight
• afluente / tributary
• valle / valley
Here is a related product:
Spanish Geography Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $5.00!
Spanish Map Skills Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
Check out my other SPANISH
and SOCIAL STUDIES
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in my store
Spanish Landform Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License