I created the lesson materials in this bundle to help my students learn how to discuss their school schedules and classes. In this bundle you get:
1. A colorful cover page containing original photography that can be printed and displayed in the classroom as a poster
2. A comprehensive list of thematic vocabulary related to school and classes,
3. A blank Table of Contents to help students organize the materials and course work for the unit.
4. Helpful notes to the teacher with effective strategies that I use when teaching vocabulary,
5. An analogies handout for vocabulary practice,
6. A graphic organizer and sample to help students describe their class schedules in the target language,
7. A reading comprehension development activity and answer key,
8. A 10-point analytic rubric to accompany the reading comprehension activity. I purposefully left out the values in the rubric so that the purchasers can write in their own values. This rubric can also be used as a self-assessment tool for students or a can-do list.
9. A word search that features many of the key vocabulary words from the unit. As a means of reinforcing student recognition of vocabulary words, there is no word bank. Instead, students are tasked with listing the vocabulary words as they find them.
I believe that these materials will become a welcomed addition to the materials that you are already using. I designed these handouts to be "goal specific" in response to textbook resources that I felt were often overly generic.
CURRICULUM COORDINATORS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRS: If you plan to share these materials with your colleagues and staff, please remember to pay for multiple licenses.