This download includes valuable classroom materials to accompany the Greetings and Introductions Unit.
• A comprehensive vocabulary list with the Spanish subject pronouns, the present tense forms of the verb ser, and the Spanish names for many countries of the world and their respective nationalities.
• A second vocabulary list that contains the present tense forms of the verbs ir, hacer, jugar, and gustar. It also has verbs and activities that help students describe their pastimes and activities that they like and dislike.
• A third, extensive vocabulary list with the subject pronouns, present tense forms of ser, and the most commonly used adjectives that students will want in order to describe themselves and their friends.
• I have included a vocabulary self-assessment wordsheet to accompany the third vocabulary list. The worksheet has the Spanish words on the left and English equivalents on the right with blanks separating them. Students are instructed to fold the worksheet in half which hides one of the sides. Once folded, students write in the translations of the words that they know and, when finished, they unfold the paper to check their answers. This has been a great tool for teaching vocabulary in my classes.
• You also get two vocabulary wordsearches (one for each of the first two vocabulary lists) that can be used as bell ringers and as a means of developing sight recognition of the new vocabulary by your students. (Answer keys are included)
• Two performance-based writing assignments (answers will vary-rubric not provided)
• A performance-based oral assessment (answers will vary-rubric not provided)
• Notes to the teacher for effective use of these materials.
• A poster-quality cover page that can be printed and displayed in the classroom.
I think that you will find these materials to be helpful additions to the materials and resources that you are already using for the Introductions unit.