Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Describing your house or apartment and the location of where you live; Using the verbs estar and vivir.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing the verb Estar; students translate into English
- Recapping Present tense verb conjugations; students then conjugate the verb Vivir for all subjects
- Introducing vocabulary to say where you live and adjectives to describe it
- Introducing vocabulary to describe the location of where you live
- Translation task - Students read a series of statements which use the a range of vocabulary learned and translate them into English
- Listening task - Students listen to a series of descriptions and match what they hear to the correct picture of a house and location. Go through the pictures first to ensure clarity
- Speaking task - working in pairs, students ask and answer what their house is like and where it is located
- Listening task - students listen to five people describing their houses, location, opinions and other details; students note down the information in English
- Reading task - students read four texts where houses, location, opinions and other details are described. They fill in the gaps in a series of statements (In Spanish)
- Speaking task - Students prepare a presentation about a city in the Hispanic World. Sentence starters and pictures are provided
- Writing task - Students pretend they are famous and write a tweet describing their house and its location. They also include who they live with and their opinions. Sentence prompts and connectives are provided
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 1 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).