ASSESS THE GENERAL QUALITY OF MY WORK WITH THIS FREE DOWNLOAD. Download the remaining 3 lessons for this Module here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Module-5-My-Town-4512174
Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Describing your town or village; Using ‘a’, ‘some’ and ‘many’ in Spanish.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing key lesson questions ¿Qué hay en tu barrio / tu pueblo / tu ciudad? and ¿Qué hay en Oviedo?
- Introducing grammar point: The words for ‘a’, ‘some’ and ‘many’ in Spanish
- Introducing places in town with ‘a’, ‘some’ and ‘many’
- Slide with pictures of places in town suitable for pronunciation reinforcement or games (beat the teacher; swat the picture; ‘psychic’ game, etc.)
- Reading activity – students match places in town vocabulary to the correct pictures
- Listening task - students listen to names of places in town and note down the letter which matches the correct picture
- Speaking task - working in pairs students play a memory game. They add an extra place in town each time they speak
- Listening task - Students listen to descriptions of towns and note down what there is and what there isn’t in English
- Speaking task - Working in pairs students use the picture prompts to describe a city. They use both ‘hay’ and ‘no hay’
- Reading task - students read three detailed descriptions of towns and note down details in English (name of person; name of town; what there is; what there isn’t; opinion and reason)
- Listening task - students listen to a song and highlight the correct words from the options given
- Writing task - Students write a description of their town or city using a range of connectives. They include where they live, what there is and there isn’t and an opinion with justification.
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximise learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 1 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).