Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Telling the time; Using the Verb Ir to say where you’re going in town.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing how to tell the time (exact hour) with the key question ¿Qué hora es?
- Writing task - students look at the clocks and note down in Spanish what time it is (exact hour only)
- Introducing how to tell the time (hour and minutes)
- Reading task - Students read the times in Spanish and draw the minute and hour hands on the clocks
- Listening task - students listen to the times and match what they hear to the correct clocks by noting down the letter
- Writing task - students look at the clocks and note down in Spanish what time it is (hour and minutes)
- Speaking task - working in pairs students ask and answer ¿Qué hora es? They use the time prompts to try to get four in a row
- Introducing the Verb Ir in the present tense for all subjects. Students translate into English
- Introducing further places in town with the key question ¿Qué haces en la ciudad? and ‘voy’
- Slide with pictures of places in town suitable for pronunciation reinforcement or games (beat the teacher; swat the picture; ‘psychic’ game, etc.)
- Reading activity – students match Places in town vocabulary to the correct pictures
- Listening task - Students listen to people talking about where they go and what they do in town and match what they hear to the correct pictures by noting down the letters
- Reading task - Students read a detailed description of a perfect Saturday. They note down the times and the activities (letter only) in the order mentioned
- Writing task - Students write an account of a perfect Saturday. They include the present tense of Ir and what times they do certain activities. A range of connectives is also supplied and students can use the text from the previous exercise as a model
- Speaking task - working in pairs students read their presentation to a partner
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 1 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).