Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Naming Tapas and drinks; ordering in a café.
Lesson activities include:
- Slide to introduce what Tapas are to students
- Introducing key drinks’ vocabulary
- Reading task – students match the drinks pictures and prices to the correct vocabulary
- Introducing Tapas dishes’ vocabulary.
- Reading task – students match the tapas pictures and prices to the correct vocabulary
- Speaking task – working in pairs, students ask and answer how much the Tapas dishes cost
- Listening task – Students listen to tapas dishes and drinks being ordered and look at the waiter’s notes. They correct the mistake each note has according to what they hear
- Introducing the spell changing verb Querer in the present tense for all subjects. Students translate into English
- Listening gap filling task – Students listen to a conversation at a café between a waiter and two customers and fill in the gaps with the correct vocabulary
- Writing task – Students write a dialogue between a waiter and two customers based on the text from the previous activity. Students change tapas dishes and drinks vocabulary
- Speaking task. Working in groups of three, students act out their dialogues.
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 1 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).