Whole lesson power point presentation & Handout on Saying what activities you’re going to do on the weekend; Using the near future tense for all subjects.
Lesson activities include:
- Reading translation task – students translate a range of key verbs which will be used in the lesson
- Introducing the near future tense for all subjects. Students then conjugate six verbs for ‘I’
- Reading task – Students read a text where someone describes what they’re going to do on the weekend. They identify the thirteen examples of verbs in the near future tense
- Translation task – students now translate the thirteen verbs they identified in the previous activity into English
- Reading task – Students look up a series of key expressions from the text, and write the corresponding Spanish
- Speaking task – working in pairs, students ask and answer the question ¿Qué vas a hacer este fin de semana? They answer using the near future tense and connectives
- Listening task – Students listen to four people talking about what they’re going to do and when. They note down the details in English (answers will come up in Spanish for further immersion)
- Speaking task – working in pairs, students play battleships. They tell their partner the day and time as well as the activity
- Writing task – Students pretend they are a famous person. They write a paragraph using the near future and include what they’re going to do, when and who with. A range of connectives is also supplied
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 1 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).