Whole lesson power point presentation on Talking about what you did on vacation; Using the preterit tense of regular AR verbs and Ir as well as sequencers.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing key verbs infinitives which will be used in the lesson. Students translate into English.
- Introducing the preterit tense of regular AR verbs (apart from Sacar and IR). Students then conjugate a series of verbs in the first person singular ‘I’.
- Reading task – Students now read a series of sentences about past vacation activities. They match them to the correct pictures
- Reading translation task – Students read the sentences again and translate them into English
- Speaking task – Working in pairs, students play tic tac toe by asking the question ¿Qué hiciste en tus vacaciones de verano? They must match their answer to the correct picture
- Introducing a range of sequencers in order to extend sentences. Students translate into English
- Reading task – Students read two texts about someone’s past vacation activities and fill in a table with details in English
- Listening task – students listen to two people talking about what they did and what they didn’t do on vacation. They note down the details in English
- Speaking task – Working in pairs, students act out two dialogues with the key question ¿Qué hiciste en tus vacaciones de verano? They use sequencers to link their sentences
- Writing task – Students write a paragraph about a past vacation's activities. They use sequencers and a range of connectives. A series of sentence starters are provided
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 2 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).